Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Engagement Shoot! (11/26/11)

I had the privilege of meeting two wonderful people for their engagement shoot. Bonnie and Tommy were an absolute joy to work with. It was an adventure getting on location to do her hair and makeup. I had never been to Alabama before, so it was definitely a drive I wasn't use to!




Bonnie was a doll to work on. I always think it's fun when I work with a girl who hasn't had false lashes on or had their makeup airbrushed. It's ridiculously relaxing and so beautiful when done right.


Her makeup was very simple. I used mostly flesh tones over her eyes; a couple pale beige shades, a more pink flesh tone, and a light brown for the base shades. I deepened the crease with a darker brown and put a small amount of shimmer over her lid to brighten her look.


The liner was a warm brown mixed with a bit of gunmetal. It gave a unique flash to her look. In the outer corner and into the edge of her crease I blended a bit of dark gray and silver, to get the same look her liner had. Her bows were filled with a couple shades of dark blond and light brown.


On her cheeks I applied a barely there bit of pink to accent them and highlight to her cheekbones. I used a rose toned lip liner  for her lips. Ontop of that I applied a light pink color to highlight and add dimension. The final step was a bit of contouring and powder to set it all.


This was an absolutely wonderful shoot and I had a great time. These are two of the sweetest people I ever met. And, as always, a huge thank you to the wonderful Whitney Huynh for the pictures. She's awesome people!

No comments:

Post a Comment