Sunday, November 20, 2011

Glitter Galore!

Have you ever seen a product and just thought "I MUST HAVE THIS!!". Well, that was these babies to me! I love nail polish and I LOVE glitter. Of ALL kinds. And, well, these pretty much satisfy that loving obsession. These are the Wet N Wild ColorIcon nail polishes!

Left to Right: (Believe Me, It's Real) (Diamond In The Rough) (Back Alley Deals) (Cost Is No Issue) (It's All In The Cut)


Now, as lovely as these pretties are, they are a PAIN to work with. Each takes three coats, not too bad, but it takes two - three coats of top coat to cover them and cut grittiness. I was even using Seche Vite. I've never had to use more than one coat of it to cover glitter.

(Believe Me, It's Real)

This is a lovely medium blue glitter. It's a blue micro glitter, but it has a healthy dose of larger purple glitter. That gives it a near 3D effect, especially in flash pictures. I love this one!

(Diamond In The Rough)

One of the slightly less uncommon shade in the group, DITR has a gunmetal gray micro glitter. The larger glitters are a silver holographic glitter. Out of all of these, this has the most 3D effect look. I absolutely love it.

(Back Alley Deals)

This is probably my least favorite of the shades. The micro glitter is a purple/red shift and the larger glitter is a pungent red. It really reminds me of the Red Hat Society. It took three layers of topcoat to stop the gritty feeling as well.
(Cost Is No Issue)

I actually really like this polish. It has a blue-green micro glitter and larger royal blue flecks. It shows up really well,  but not really a 3D effect. I think this is one of the better shades of the group.
(It's All In The Cut)

This one was the one that surprised me most! It's a lovely lilac micro glitter with a soft rose pink circular glitter. The pink doesn't stand out much in the bottle, but on the nail it's gorgeous. Another one of my favorites.

(Believe Me, It's Real) (Diamond In The Rough) (Back Alley Deals) (Cost Is No Issue) (It's All In The Cut)

(Believe Me, It's Real) (Diamond In The Rough) (Back Alley Deals) (Cost Is No Issue) (It's All In The Cut)

(Believe Me, It's Real) (Diamond In The Rough) (Back Alley Deals) (Cost Is No Issue) (It's All In The Cut)

Overview


Pigmentation: Fair. Three Coats. 


Texture: Gritty unless a very heavy topcoat is applied.


Application: Fairly good application, not too hard to remove from cuticles.


Wear: N/A


Product: 0.34 Fl. oz. (10 mL) at $2.99.


Packaging: I quite like the way they're packaged. I just wish the lids lifted off instead of having the square cap. 


Price: $

Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment