Sunday, November 13, 2011

Engagement Shoot! (11/12/11)

On Saturday, I had the opportunity to see my friend Erin and her fiance Barrett. Now, it wasn't just any visit, but for me do do her hair and makeup for her engagement pictures! I was super excited for that. 


We did work from an inspiration picture, which I believe I recreated really closely on her. The hair was actually quite easy. We curled her hair in spirals from the bottom layers up. I used my trusty marcel iron for that.


Next, I took a top semi-oval section, teased it, and pinned it into a poof. Finally, I took random locks and teased them into a slight purposeful frizz. That added texture and a more finished look. A little hairspray held it in place, especially when sprayed into different sections.


Now onto her makeup. I airbrushed her foundation with my Temptu Air system. I mixed some of the lighter shades from my S/B Foundations to match her gorgeous skin.


Next came contouring, blush and highlight. I also did that with my Temptu Air system. I contoured her with a slightly darker shade of foundation, making sure to blend it out. A very light peachy blush was applied to her cheek to bring out a slight blush. A mixture of a gold and champagne highlight topped off her face makeup.


Her eyes and lips were simple to do. A blended line of a rosy lipliner was the base for a beautiful rosy pink lipstick. I applied a gray shadow to the outer "v" of her eyes, blending it in with a light silvery gray. The highlight was a pale fleshtone color. And finally I applied a darker gray gel liner followed by a set of false lashes! The pictures turned out amazingly well, and I'm very proud of them. 

And, of course, Congratulations to Erin and Barrett on their upcoming wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment